Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 7, 2008

Empire State Building

So I know that I told you that this weekend I was goingto the Statue of Liberty and stuff like that. Well we were standing in line to get our tickets for the Statue of Liberty, and they announced over the loud speaker that Ellis Island would be closed until Sunday, and that you couldn't go up into the Statue of Liberty. (I didn't mind not going up in the statue of liberty, but I did want to go to Ellis Island) So if we would have went on Saturday it pretty much would have just been a ferry ride so we got out of line, and decided to go to the Empire Sate Building instead. We had a good time, it said it was suppose to rain but it was so bright and sunny, I had to carry my thick coat around all day, it sucked! (who would have thought a weather man could be wrong) Anyway it was really hot in the Empire State Building, and it took quite a while to get to the top when we got to the 80th floor there was only 6 more floors to go and they told us that we could either wait for an elevator, or walk so we walked the last 6 flights of stairs. When we got to the top it was gorgeous they would give you a map so that you knew what you were looking at because when you get up there, there are no plaques or anything like that telling you are looking at central park, or the statue of liberty or stuff like that. Here are some pictures of the view from the top, and one of Kierston and I.




This one is of the Statue of Liberty and it is fuzzier than the rest cause I had to zoom in a ton to get it so that you could see it and it wasn't just a spec on the lense.




So one of my more recent blogs talked about a birthday party that I went to, and that I made a quilt for her birthday. Well we didn't finish it in time for her birthday so I finished sewing on the back yesterday and I have picture so I thought I would show you. It wasn't a very hard quilt, it's just a block quilt and then I hand sewed on buttons, and ribbon and we ironed on some flowers to make it a little more interesting, I love the colors though they are so bright and cheerful we thought that since it was becoming spring it was a perfect fit!

We made the quilt 4 1/2 feet by 6 feet, just big enough to cuddle up with on the couch. The back of the quilt is fleece and it is like a spring green color almost mint green but not quite.



This is a closer look at the hand sewing I did, I think there was 20 or so blocks that had buttons and ribbion hand sewed on to them, I think it turned out reall cute!

So the strip block on the left was my favorite one, I made that flower with ribbon and a button, it was by accident actually, I was doing something with the ribbion and it went into the shape of a flower and I liked it. The other block is Kierstons favorite block, it is a tiny iron on flower. We had 8 iron flowers that we put through out the whol blanket.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Love the blanket and the view from the empire state building is in beautiful. You did a great job ont he blanket.