Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Amelia Gwen's Birth Story

One of these days I will have to write Adelyn's birth story because to be completely honest it was horrific and I was almost positive I never wanted to have another kid again but here I am with two sweet little girls.
 
Amelia's Birth story...
 
Casey had just gotten home from his military training on Saturday so we had a couple days together before we were getting induced. We decided that the day before we were going to take Adelyn to the movies to do one last family of 3 thing before we brought little Miss Amelia into our little family. I had everything packed (and when I say everything I had a big suit case because I expected to stay for 4 days because that is what happened last time and I had ran out of stuff) So me being my over planning self had packed everything I could have possibly needed.
My Last Picture of me being pregnant, I am exactly 37 Weeks here. 

 
We got up early on that Tuesday morning we were suppose to be there at 0730 in the morning and I wanted to shower and stuff before we left. (I had Adelyn 3.5 weeks early so I have never gone into labor on my own) we packed the car and headed over to Boise to St Lukes. We got there a little early and went up stairs to check in, there was another couple there and she was at 41.5 weeks and they figured that I was over due to so we got to talking and they were a really nice couple. They checked us in, and walked us down to our room. They have nice big rooms so I got my stuff put away and set up took one last picture and of to the races we were. My nurses name was Kathy she was this sweet little old lady and I really did like her. I assumed that I would be there FOREVER (my labor with Adleyn was 18.5 hours and then 3.5 horus of pushing) So I just assumed she was going to be the same, they put my IV in and started all my stuff, they checked me and I was at a 1 and 80% effaced.
 
Casey and I just sat there for awhile watching Tattoo shows (there was nothing else on) I went to the bathroom a few times and they asked me if I wanted to go walk around to get my labor going quicker so I said yes, and they said they didn't have a pack to attatch to me to, so they can keep track of my heart and contractions and stuff so we decided to sit and hang out for awhile. I talked to Kathy and we discussed epideral options (I have to have one because of my hip, my bad hip kills me in labor and delivery because it doesn't move and spread like a normal one does) My last one had worn off and it was a horrible experience, so she said the longer I wait the better chance I have for having it not wear off. So my Dr came in and broke my water I was at a 3 and I don't remember it hurting that bad last time, but this time it was pretty painful.
 
After he broke my water my contractions were coming pretty good, I went to the bathroom again, and I was sitting on my bed and I decided that it was time to get my epideral. When the nurse came in and checked me I was at a 6 and the anesthesiologist came in and gave me my epideral and then had me lay on my left side. My epideral only worked on my left side, it was a really weird feeling having my left side completely numb and my right side feeling completely everything talk about WEIRD! I was totally freaking out! I was so worried it was going to be a bad experience like my last one where my hip was hurting so bad I was on the verge of passing out. The anesthesiologist came and repositioned my epidermal to see if it would fix it and my nurse went on her lunch. I was laying there and I could still feel that it was not working right and then it started hurting and in my butt area and in my lower abdomen, my nurse came back from her lunch and I told her about it hurting and she said "lets just check you" and there I was at a 10 and ready to push. She called the Dr. and I was on my way.
 
Dr. Hodges came in 2 mins kid you not he was there so fast and as he is getting ready I break into tears because my epideral is still not working right and I am worried. He was so great at calming me down and my husband was so good at it to. As soon and they put my legs in the stirups, my epideral started working like it was suppose and I was completely happy then. I got a contraction and pushed that contraction, waited til the next contraction and I did a half of push and my Dr. told me to stop because he didn't want me to tear and there she was! She was 7.5 lbs and she was 20 inches long. From the time they put my IV in to the time I had her was 5 hours it was night and day from what my last one was I told Casey if they would all be like that I could do that 9 more time. lol (I'm kidding I am not having 9 more kids)

Our little Amelia 7 lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long and as cute as can be. 

 
As they are cleaning up Amelia they took her glucose and it was 20 so they fed her an ounce of formula and re-checked her and she was at 22 they said if they checked it again in a half hour and it was still really low then she would have to go to the NICU. Low and behold it was low and off she was wisked to the NICU.
 
That is my little Miss Amelia's birth story it was a wonderful experience and we are so glad to have her with us. I'll write all about our NICU stay and everything in the next blog post.

No comments: