Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 21, 2008

Catch Up...

So since I have been on my mission my mom was suppose to be posting but she didn't remember how to do it or something. So now that I have some pictures I'm going to play catch up and write a few blogs about the MTC and my mission illustrated with pictures. So this first one is where my parents dropped me off at the MTC (Missionary Training Center)

My parents and I went to Utah first on Tuesday so that we could stay at my Aunt Renee's so we didn't have to drive the whole thing in one day. We then drove the next day the rest of the way which was like and hour and twenty minutes. I entered the MTC on September 24th, and we had a nice picture session and then there was a like presentation given by the Mission President and then we said goodbye and I was off on my own.


When your parents leave, the families leave through seperate doors than the Missionaries. Then we are kind of hearded to these different places, you go and give your shot record to these ladies and they tell you what you still need to get and then they offer to give you them. Then you go to your room unload everything and then meet your roommates. I actually had two girls that had been there for 2 weeks and then there were 4 of us that were new and all 4 of us were going to Philadelphia. Six girls share a room for 3 weeks, there are 6 closets, and 3 sets of bunk beds and 3 desks. Here are the pictures, my family was curious what it looked like.
So these are the sister's that were already in my room, they had been there for two weeks already. The one on the Left is Sister Hatch and she was going to Louisianna, and the one on the Right is Sister Warwood, and she was going to Alaska. They were fantastic girls I loved being their roommates.

This is a picture of what our bunk beds looked like, thery were very sturdy, but squicked a whole lot, and obviously we hadn't made our bed yet it was still morning I promise we weren't breaking the rules.
This is what the desk looked like two girls shared a desk so it was a little cluttered as you can see but we knew where everything was so it was okay.

This is a picture to show you how big our room was, the girl sitting on the bed is Sister Sandall and the one standing was my companion Sister Bonner. There is also the final bed behind sister Bonner so as you can see our room was not so big especially when there were 6 girls trying to get ready in the morning. Well that is all for now I will do another catch up post later I have about 6 so I appologize for the length of them I did a lot in 7 weeks! ~Love to all~

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

I am so glad that you are catching us up. I really have missed hearing about how things are going with you and the family, including grandma. Keep the posts coming and I don't care if they are long.