Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 30, 2008

Oh Pioneers...

So last week I went on the church trek, and it was amazing!! It was probably one of the most amazing spiritual experiences of my life. Let me tell you I never thought spiritual experiences would come that early in the morning, 4am comes mighty early. We left at 53oam on monday, I was a cook and I got the privilege to work with some spectacular people that made it so much fun and kept things really entertaining. We stopped the first night at rock creek, there I cooked and didn't do a whole lot else. There were some firesides and stuff for the kids but I was busy cooking and cleaning I couldn't make it. The next day was great fun, we drove to independence rock, where all the kids climbed to the top ( I didn't it was really steep and my hip was already not feeling great) then we were on our way to the last place we were going to camp at which we would stay there for two nights. We got to a place where they gave the kids their hand carts and they had lunch and they were then on their way on a 7 mile trek back to our camp. I rode back to camp and fixed dinner. the next day I got to walk a little with the kids, we walked to Martin's Cove which was an amazing experience! There is such a great spirit there, and to see all the kids walking single file not talking made it even more special. Then we had a sack lunch, and then we pulled a little longer until we got the the Sweet Water river crossing, where I helped a few of the girls cross. Then they took the guys away to make it feel like when the pioneer men went off to the mormon battalion, and the women had to pull the carts up this crazy hill. I had three people that helped me two beehives, and one other leader and let me tell you it was probably one of the hardest things I've done in a long time. It was well worth the experience though. Then we headed back to camp to make dinner. It was a great day! The last day we got up had breakfast and packed up to go to Salt Lake, on the way there we stopped and walked down the "This is the Place" trail and monument. We made it to Midvale which was where part of our group was staying in a hotel there and then the other part were in Layton. I got my own room since I was the last one to sign up and I was a single sister. The next day we went to the Humanitarian Center and it is a great place, and I learned a lot more about it. Then we all split up and did baptisms for the dead at 4 different Temples (Bountiful, Ogden, Salt Lake, and Jordan river) I got to go to the Bountiful Temple, it was gorgeous, we go there early so we had two hours to kill before our session, so we had lunch, and just took pictures and walked around. There were 4 brides that came out while we were waiting and they were beautiful to look at, with their families around and everything. Then they dropped me off so I could help with dinner, and the rest of the group went and walked around temple square, went to the conference center and a few other things. That night we left at 1130 pm and arrived home at 630am on Saturday. I will post pictures of the clothes I made and ones from the trek but the clothes are filthy so I will take them when they are clean and I will have to download the other ones on it later.

No comments: