Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Making it through...

Just to catch you up on what has been going on lately, Casey still doesn't have a job he has turned in applications galore but not a single person has called him for an interview. We did however get lucky, my grandpa Brogan is getting some freight in, and we are going to help go through it and inventory it and price it. We have also been moving some stuff around and making room for the new shipment that is coming Monday. Then he has some furniture that Casey is going to put together for him and I think were gonna paint some too. So that will atleast get Casey out of the house and doing something physical, (I'm sure he gets bored being in the house all the time.)


Well I am still working at the hospital, I work one or two days a week most weeks, in March I'll be covering a shift for a gal while she has surgery so I will get 75 hours a pay period for three pay periods which will be great and then I am also covering some vacations in July, and Feb. I don't know if you all remember but I sell burp rags at a local store, (I did a posting on them a while back) Well I have sold quite a few lately, so I am making more. I am so glad I went the day after Thanksgiving to Joann's and I picked up a bunch of flannel it has saved me so much money!


So now that we know Casey is deploying in September we are talking about what I should do, should I stay here, and rent a house in Nampa and work PRN (as needed) at the hospital. (we get a housing allowance while he is gone, plus his pay. And I plan on working cause I would be bored stiff if I didn't work since I don't have kids or anything) Or we were talking about me going back to school while he is gone, I don't know what I would go for though. Or should we move before he gets deployed somewhere else in Idaho, or should we stay have him get deployed, and then I would move somewhere. I am taking suggestions if you think one of these ideas is good let me know, or if you have an idea of your own I'm open to suggestions.


Other than that we are doing pretty good, just taking things as they come. I am gonna do something kind of different with this post, I have a recipe that I would like to share it is my favorite soup and I thought I would share it so here ya go. Love to you all!
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

½ cup chopped celery


½ cup shredded carrots


1 can of cream of chicken soup


1 can of cream of celery


16 cubes of chicken bullion


1 small carton of heavy whipping cream


3 chicken breasts


3 cups of wild rice


Garlic pepper


3 Tbs of flour


Put chopped celery and shredded carrots in sauce pan with a little butter and sautee until soft.


Cook chicken either in pan, or in crock pot and cut into little pieces.


I cook my rice in a rice cooker but whatever way you want cook your rice.


In big pot put 8 cups of water, and the 16 cubes of chicken bullion, bring to boil. Add the cream of celery, cream of chicken, heavy whipping cream let boil for a few minutes. Then add the sautéed celery and carrots and then add the cooked chicken and rice in, stir and add garlic pepper to taste. (you can really put any seasoning you want I just really like garlic pepper) then put some water in a bowl add the flour and mix together, then pour into soup this will thicken it.


When this is all done it makes a big pot of soup, I feed 5 of us and most have two bowls the night I make it and it still feeds us the next couple of days for lunch and stuff. It is a good leftover, I just put it in a bowl and warm it up.

No comments: