Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Halloween 2013

I think I was probably being a little over zealous this year wanting to make Adelyn's Halloween costume. I mean I sew, and I have sewn a few skirts for her and I sew baby stuff but a costume is a totally different kind of "beast."

Casey and I had decided that as a family we were going to dress up together so that we would match. It could be a theme, or a set of characters whatever we decided we wanted to be that year. I came up with the idea of Little Red Ridding Hood , The Big Bad Wolf, and Grandma. I just thought that Adelyn would make the cutest Little Red Ridding Hood. 

After deciding this, I had this picture in my mind of how I wanted us to look, so I went to find a pattern that matched what I had in my head of Adelyn as Little Red Ridding Hood. This is what I came up with. :) 

Probably not the best picture but you get the idea. I actually loved how it turned out. Adelyn LOVED the hood! I am thinking I might get some crush velor in a different color so that she can have one to play with (probably purple because it is her favorite color)

After I got Adelyn's costume done I was on the search for items to finish Casey's and my costumes. I had decided that I didn't have much time to make them so I was going to just see what I could put together that would fit what I wanted us to look like. 

This is what I came up with. This is me as grandma, please forgive me for the background, we are refinishing the bathroom and the green on the wall was going to be the color and it has recently been decided that we were going to use a different color. 


 This next picture is of Casey, Adelyn and I right before we headed to the ward trunk or treat. Our ward had a wonderful trunk or treat with lots of people that participated, and they hot dogs and hot chocolate too which was great. That was the only place we went trick or treating which was plenty for Adelyn. 


 Isn't that face just priceless, she really liked her outfit and she liked that she got to carry a basket. 


I know this picture is a little fuzzy but I love that she is running from the Big Bad Wolf, they were playing in the yard and people kept walking by, and stopping and staring at them. 


This is Addi showing off her candy she had stolen from our Halloween bucket for people that came to our house. She couldn't wait til we went to the ward part. :)


All in all, I think it turned out to be a great Halloween. I got lots of compliments on all of our outfits, which was nice. Casey and I had talked about this next year and so far one of our ideas is a family of Gnomes. Adelyn loves Gnomeo and Juliet, so we thought she might enjoy dressing up as a gnome. We will see I guess. :)

No comments: